Turkey Club Sandwich – the ultimate restaurant inspired lunch! This turkey club is loaded with bacon, lettuce, tomato, mayo all on perfectly toasted bread.
When I was a kid, whenever we would go out to eat for lunch my dad would always order a turkey club sandwich. I was always so confused, why go out to eat for a turkey sandwich? Then I finally tried one, and I completely understood. The combination just works together!
Now if I see one on a menu that has avocado, because all know I am a huge lover of avocado over mayo like my Avocado Chicken Salad, it is definitely what I am going to have.
What’s A Club Sandwich
It is basically a BLT but with added protein and an additional slice of bread. In this case the turkey club obviously has turkey. You can use deli turkey meat, or if you made leftover Roasted Turkey this is a great use for it. Traditionally it is made with just plain old white bread, but you can mix it up and use sourdough or whole grain bread, or whatever your favorite is.
The nice thing about a turkey club sandwich is you really can mix it up. Use ham or chicken instead of turkey. Add whatever other veggies you like. Use a flavored mayo instead of plain. Make it your own!
What’s In A Turkey Club
This is a classic sandwich you can get at almost any deli, and is so easy to make at home.
- White Bread
A turkey club is traditionally made with 3 slices of bread, but sometimes that can get a little large. So feel free to omit the center slice or even add other toppings.
What Else Goes On A Club Sandwich
I am all for dressing up a classic and making it your own. So although these may not be classic club sandwich toppings, I think they work really well with turkey and bacon. So use really use what you like and enjoy it.
- Sliced Onion
- Cheese (Swiss, Cheddar, Pepper Jack)
If you like pickles, add them! They are often served along side of a club sandwich at a restaurant or deli, but why not just add them to the actual sandwich.
How To Make A Turkey Club Sandwich
- Start by cooking your bacon. You can do this ahead of time and then have it in the fridge waiting for you to reheat. Or make it fresh when you want to make your sandwich. Just crisp up a few slices and let them cool for a couple minutes while you assemble everything else.
- Toast your slices of bread
- Spread a thin layer of mayo over each slice of toasted bread.
- Place lettuce and tomato on top of one slice of the bread. Then top that with a piece of toasted bread with the mayo side facing down.
- Then arrange the slices of bacon and turkey along with a little more lettuce. Top with the final slice of toasted bread, mayo side down.
- Now how you cut the sandwich is up to you. It is often cut into small triangles, but if you want to just slice it down the middle diagonally, no one is going to care. If you have a long toothpick, it is best to press it through the sandwich to help the layers stay together.
What To Serve With Sandwiches
So the next time you are wondering what to make for lunch, or you have a house full of people on the weekend and don’t now what to make. Keep it simple! People love a good sandwich.
Just cut up all the toppings, lay them on a board, and have people make their own sandwich, with whatever combination of stuff they want!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 3 slices white bread
- 2 Tablespoons mayo
- 2 slices tomato
- 2 leaves romaine lettuce
- 4 ounces sliced turkey
- 2 strips of bacon, cooked and crisp
Amount Per Serving Calories 683Total Fat 35gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 25gCholesterol 97mgSodium 2384mgCarbohydrates 58gFiber 4gSugar 11gProtein 32g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE: