Instant Pot Shredded Chicken is a basic ingredient to prepare, but then have to use all week long in soups, salads, sandwiches, or wraps, all week long for quick and easy lunch and dinner meals.
This hardly seems like a recipe with it’s simple ingredients, but there are a few tips and tricks to make this the juiciest and seasoned shredded chicken for your meal preps and easy assembly weekday meals.
Basic Ingredients & Swaps
- Chicken – You can use chicken breast, or thighs for this – totally your preference. Note that the cook time on chicken thigs does increase to 15 minutes with 5 minute natural pressure release.
- Water or broth – Again your choice, I prefer to use a flavorful broth, but you can also use water if you are watching your salt closely.
- Seasonings – Get creative and use your favorite seasonings to make your chicken flavorful. Mexican, Greek, and Italian seasonings are all great choices that I have tried.
- Salt and Pepper – to your own desired taste.
How to make this ultra simple shredded chicken
This is really as simple as add all of the ingredients to the liner of your Instant Pot and pressure cook for 10 minutes.
Release the pressure, and shred the chicken. That is it!
Heck yes you can! You will need to modify the cook time based on the cut of chicken you are using.
No. While many other posts on this topic do use a trivet, I have tested this both ways and do not notice and big difference, so I opt to wash less dishes and not use it.
Store your shredded chicken with a bit of the juices from the Instant Pot, after cooking.
What to use your shredded chicken for all week long
Instant Pot Meal Prep Shredded Chicken
Instant Pot Shredded Chicken is a basic ingredient to prepare, but then have to use all week long in soups, salads, sandwiches, or wraps, all week long for quick and easy lunch and dinner meals
- 2 lbs skinless boneless chicken breast
- ½ cup water or broth of choice
- salt & pepper to taste
Nutrition information is only an estimate.
Serving: 1oz | Calories: 40kcal | Protein: 7g | Fat: 1g